Image courtesy of Unsplash
Resources for Overcoming Obstacles to Homeownership
Are you ready to pursue the dream of homeownership? Unfortunately, there are a few things that can get in the way of your success. Deborah Pope is ready to help make that dream a reality, but before you go too far, get familiar with the most common issues homeowner-wannabes face—and how to overcome them.
Lack of Financial Preparation
First and foremost, you need to get your finances in order to buy a home. After all, it’s one of the biggest investments you’ll ever make.
● For home buying success, a practical budget is a must-have.
● Depending on the loan you may need a substantial down payment, so set aside funds with that in mind.
● Lenders will examine your credit score, so spruce it up if need be.
● Substantial debt will negatively influence your budget, credit score, and the details of your loan, but a free analysis can tell you what your options are.
Lack of Research
Sometimes house hunters try to enter the housing market without a real sense of what to expect, or even what they want. A little bit of thinking and looking will help a lot.
● Developing a list of your preferred amenities will help narrow down your housing search.
● Think about what is important to you in a neighborhood as well.
● Become familiar with how to read a real estate listing.
● Your agent can help you understand how recent statistics will influence house hunting.
Lack of Assistance
There are many things in life that you can successfully DIY, but buying your home shouldn’t be one of them. There are a few key professionals to help you along the way.
● Deborah Pope, Realtor, and Real Estate Advisor will guide you through the nuances of the real estate market and to the home of your dreams.
● A home inspector ensures you’re getting a gem and not a money pit.
● An attorney is often required in order to protect your interests in the home buying process.
Don’t let common obstacles get in the way of purchasing your dream home. Start by enlisting the help of professionals like Deborah Pope, Realtor, and Real Estate Advisor, prepare your finances properly, and research what is involved. With the obstacles out of the way upfront, you’ll be settling into your new home in no time!